What can save this industry from absolute destruction?
I’m betting on math and practical business fundamentals. That’s why I’ve invited Roger Beaudoin to chat on this episode. Roger has been preaching these ideals for years. He’s more than a teacher, he’s an owner and operator as well. Rather than giving us advice, he walks us through the strategy he’s using to turn the pandemic into a windfall.
Click to sign up for our weekly newsletter.
Click here to book time on my personal calendar.
Click here to download our Restaurant Recovery Guide.
Want to streamline your front-of-house operations and increase sales? Head over to http://restaurants.yelp.com/fullcomppodcast to claim your free page and learn more about these powerful tools for your business.
- Building a dream team restaurant is important
- Allows you to have an exit strategy
- Allows you to have time with your family and friends
- Allows you to enjoy having a business
- Saw an opportunity when running a ski resort
- Inspired by a Switzerland bar with an international buzz
- The ski resort he ended up at needed transforming
- Learned the business piece by piece
- Training staff to have his back
- Controlling costs to maximize profits
- Creating a premium customer experience
- Expanding the business to one day leave it
- Technology was never Roger’s strong point
- Never has an interest in technology
- Created systems on pen and paper
- It was Roger’s wife who convinced him to have an online platform to expand the business
- Started the podcast 6 years ago
- Roger’s wife is the CTO
- Why Roger went back into restaurant operations
- New restaurant opens pre-Covid
- Investment in improvement
- Creating a business model
- Grab and Go market and cafe
- Was ideal during Covid
- Pivoting during Covid
- Covid makes everything unstable
- Taking the temperature of the room before making a decision
- Using the loans
- Redefining success
- You don’t know what you’ve got until you start running it
- Covid was a good thing overall for the new restaurant because of the grab&go model
- Goals after Covid
- Opening multiple locations
- Lessons learned through the podcast
- Chief Culinary Officer of The Cheesecake Factory
- Philosophy on staff: lead by example and promote from within
- Empower your staff
- Not everyone will make it through Covid
- We can only succeed by not giving up
- Being excited for the future
- Interviewing more podcast guests
- Upgrading the Sales Stars video course